Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ink + Water Portraiture




I am fascinated with bold, powerful visuals. Whether it's an engaging mixture of colors & textures, a unique juxtaposition of typography & photography, or even something as straightforward as perfectly-timed pieces of photojournalism, I am a sucker for a well-presented visual.

So, when I ran across Ayaka by Alberto Seveso, I was immediately drawn in. What makes this series of work so impressive to me is that he apparently has been refining an expertise (or just intense interest) in two themes: ink mixing with water and high-speed photography portraitures. This particular series was used for a client's music album cover artwork, but he was able to leverage his skills in both areas to create a stunning result. It's difficult to excel in one medium, let alone multiple. Kudos to Mr. Seveso.

More work from his portfolio can be seen here: BURDU 976

7 comments:

  1. This artwork is definitely beautiful and eye-catching. I'm not much of an art critic, but I can appreciate the technique that goes into creating something this intriguing.

    This is a Looooong way from Kanye West's album cover -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flawless. I think Seveso's work you have posted is gorgeous. Also, I totally agree with you regarding the mixture of colors and textures. Definitely inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was immediately drawn in to Seveso's work. The dramatic dimension of the images brings the viewer into the piece and the color is so intense yet pleasing to the senses. His technique translates to the commercial world yet his pure artistic sense really dominates. Thanks for sharing his portfolio....I will keep an eye on his work. Quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like theses a lot, they remind me a bit of a pretty popular illustrator named Sam Weber who uses acrylics and watercolors to get a really ethereal, but broken up, underpainting texture in his work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the color. There something so innocent, yet strong about artwork. Both ink and water are two strong mediums to work with, but when you got talent, nothing is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It is so feminine and delicate, yet distinctive and strong. This is definitely inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete