Sunday, June 30, 2013

RAINBOW - Jason O'Brien


I was on Instagram one day...minding my own business (lol) and then I saw THIS!!! I IMMEDIATELY liked the picture and asked my friend to please let me know who the artist was of this amazing painting.  Right then and there...I fell in love with the Toronto based visual artist, Jason O'Brien. 

When I saw this painting, the first thing I yelled out was "OMG!!!" I thought she was absolutely beautiful. I loved the colors and her face was flawless.  To me, she looked free, full of pure happiness, and peace within. I thought she has come to the moment in her life where she has truly discovered herself, her inner beauty, and decided, flaws and all...she was beautiful.

O'Brien uses human emotion as his subject matter to initiation an intimate dialogue within the viewer. The name of the painting is Rainbow.  This art was done to capture the essence of beauty. O'Brien stated "All her hopes, dreams and promise for a better tomorrow resonate through her vibrant hair. Her spirit comes from within and flourishes in all the colours of the rainbow. She has loved, she has lost and she has found herself again. No hardships can hold her down for she is a phenomenal woman phenomenally."

You know....after reading that I thought to myself...Aha, yes!!!! I totally get it. I LITERALLY get the picture. OMG this dude is DOPENESS....annnnndddd now I will be a stalker of his work moving forward. (lolol)

This work of art is the screen saver for my phone.  When people see it, they always comment on it...they too are taken by her beauty.  She is my inspiration...and a constant reminder that even though I am flawed, sometimes weird and totally silly....I am still beautiful....inside and out. Yep! My mother always told me so, but now I believe it. #peacewithin


2 comments:

  1. Amazing work! His gallery shows the depth of his abilities and his creative expression of his personal journey....which inspires all of us. It would be great to see his work live. Thanks for sharing this unique artist with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Linda. I really love how he pulls you in through your emotions. His art always makes me feel"some sorta way". Thank you for enjoying his work with me.

      Delete