Monday, July 15, 2013

Pedro Campos

I've always been drawn to Photorealistic Art ever since I learned about it in my 8th grade art class. The level precision with both hand eye coordination and attention to detail is something I feel that a lot of conmercial artists strive to achieve. I came across the artwork of Pedro Campos while researching this subject and was blown away by the skill in these paintings. The quality is so high that unless the viewer is told that these are paintings they would not be able to tell. Checkout the website I listed below


http://www.pedrocampos.net/index.htm

Also this is reminiscent of when I took a Visual Effects class last summer. My professor, Virginia Wissler, has more than 10 years of experience working for Sony Imageworks as a Lead Visual Effects Artist. The most interesting part of her background is that her degree is in painting. She explained that the skills she learned in her degree, such as attention to detail and lighting, is what made her a stronger VFX artist. After viewing this work I got the connection she was making, essentially aren't VFX artist going for realism? Checkout the below artwork and link:-)


http://pixologic.com/zbrush/gallery/


No comments:

Post a Comment