Monday, August 12, 2013

Rashid Johnson at the High Museum

Rashid Johnson's exhibit was stunning. He is more versatile than most artists. Everything he creates is technically and creatively so well done. I loved the pieces ( "paintings"?) on the wall created with shea butter and black soap. I am a painter and was drawn to the simple yet textural composition of these pieces. I was in awe of the broken glass pieces as well. How beautiful and who would not want that in their home? He inspires and creates yet does so without offending or shocking the viewer which is refreshing to me. I respect most all contemporary artists but really enjoy the beauty of his work. He is young and has an enormous future. I will follow his path and see where he goes next. And of course, the meaning behind his work is the most inspiring of all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment