Monday, July 15, 2013

Miya Bailey - Color outside the lines





Miya Bailey is an artist located here in Atlanta Georgia. He truly one of those people that makes me wish I could draw. Although he's skilled in fine art paintings and illustrations; he is mostly known for his "skin tattoos" a tattoo style coined by his tattoo shop City of Ink which has become widely popular not only in America, but overseas as well. Miya is also a film maker and recently released a documentary called Color Outside the Lines.  

His site has more of his work Miya Bailey the artist and he's also on instagram @miyabailey





3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on MIya's talent. So much so in fact that, when I was ready for someone to execute the tattoo I had in mind for me, it was Miya that I entrusted to bring it to life. He truly is an artist first...independent of medium. He has a full gallery of non-tattoo art setup in his personal studio; some of which included small figurines and sculptured artifacts. His process is spontaneous and he seems to let the art drive him, rather than force the art to appear. I appreciate that about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect his work. I have a few friends that have some if his art tattooed on them. I have also gone to his art shows at City of Ink. Very cool work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miya is definitely a cool guy to be around and inspires everyone around him. I am in fashion but his consistent work ethic and use of color inspires me. He has been doing this for a long time and has managed to expand way beyond his competition that were once popular throughout this city. Everyday he post some type action figure that he has created and it makes me wonder "What am I doing with my life?" I don't have that much time in one day...lol. Great post and continue the good work.

    ReplyDelete