Sunday, July 14, 2013

GABRIEL OROZCO Samurai Tree Invariants



To Gabriel Oronzo, abstraction is the greatest form of art in the 21st century. He feels it is a reference to reality. Samurai Tree Invariants popular contemporary art of Oronzo, proves that. This particular artwork is a representation of a chess board which Oronzo loves to play. It's designs starts from center center square and is is color coordinated by the jumps of the knight. As Oronzo continued with this particular work through the help of the modern computer over 637 variations where created. He established structure with an organic twist that keeps evolving. Pretty cool!

http://rmrmrbnyc10.blogspot.com/2010/01/moma-gabriel-orozco-samurai-tree.html

1 comment:

  1. This work is very interesting! It kinda reminds me of Mondrian's work because of the colors I guess but this is way more dynamic and interesting. 637 variations is a lot! Where that all the possible variations or could he even do more?
    I would never have guessed that this was a representation of a chess board, and even now that I know it is, I still don't really see it, but I don't know much about chess anyways. To me it's interesting to see how people can turn something simple as a chess board/game into something so abstract and different.

    ReplyDelete