Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 5: Bob Dob

I am completely amazed with the artist Bob Dob because it seems as if I can see the Motto "Guns, Drugs, and Rock 'N' Roll" when I view his work. Bob Dob's work is very recognizable and all of his work could be incorporated into one huge collection. His niche has made him very successful and he should never mess with perfection. In the video I wanted to upload he discusses that around 1970 a communist group called "The Youth International Party" attempted to take over Disney Land and  how this was his inspiration for his current collection but the blogger wouldn't let me so I decided to stick to these photo's instead. Bob started college as a music major since he had a rock band and two years in he switch over to art. This fact is very important because his images reminds me of album covers.












1 comment:

  1. Awesome! YES they do look like album covers. I totally agree with you too. Guns, Drugs and Rock n' Roll is what comes to mind when you view his work. Thanks for sharing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete