Sunday, July 28, 2013

JEAN-MICHEL BASQUIAT at Gagosian Gallery West 24th Street, New York



I remember when I was in undergraduate we came and viewed an exhibit on Basquiat at the High Museum. It was amazing! One bloggers called his work a modern day Picasso. To me I feel that He had a message, and it can in such a powerful manner. I loved his unique painting style and the color contrast in most of his painting. I also love the shape and line application as well as the incorporation of words. Can't say I totally understand him as an artist, but I love his work.

1 comment:

  1. Basquiat's work is very reflective of his life and the things he internalized growing up, both professionally and privately. I've only recently been introduced (critically) to his actual work but I've fortunately known the name for years. It's been great to learn and fill in all the gaps. I love how most of my favorite artists consider themselves products of his (arguable) genius. Great job finding this. Never seen how his work was formally displayed in an exhibition.

    ReplyDelete